Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Integrating raw DNA data into aDna database for use in Admixtools

Representative example of a user's data being merged into Eigenstrat format for Admixtools


I have gotten quite a few enquiries already from people wanting to merge their raw data (from AncestryDNA, FTDNA, LivingDNA, MyHeritage or 23andMe) into the aDna eigenstrat database so they can use it for qpAdm analysis of their own after reading my qpAdm 101 tutorial. I want to help, but converting merging etc is a time consuming process and a bit complicated.

I could possibly do it for 2-3 people a day. In case some people don't have linux or don't want the hassle of running the programs themselves, I could even run 4-5 models suggested by them for a fee.

Let me know in the poll and also the comments if its something you guys will be interested in. With the virus lockdown affecting my business sector, I have got some extra time on my hands.

Update: 

Since I already have 2-3 people wanting their data merged and get the eigenstrat file for personal use, I have decided to go ahead and open it up for all.


No comments: